Saturday 19 July 2008

The right to be lazy

I have the right to be lazy.
Well yes. That is synonymous to "I have the right to rest" or "I have the right to pamper myself."
I thought I was illness proof. But yesterday even before the 5-day seminar was going to be done in minutes, my body was saying "Im gonna be sick..now." My shoulders ached, my back ached, my knees were kinda buckling. But I still walked home. I thought of the pieces of bread I could buy with the 10-peso fare, which I did buy upon passing by Kabayan. So, when I got home, I took off my shoes, change to my house dress, took early dinner and opened the TV. I thought I was going to watch the new teleserye but even that was not enough to open my eyes. I took a paracetamol, a hot cup of Milo went to bed. Until 7:30 in the morning-- almost 12 hours of sleep. Okay, Im getting old. No. Im just tired and Ive been awake even in my sleeping hours during this 5-day SDC Training.
That's not all. I didnt honor Washin'ton Day today. I took the laundry to Fabricmate. Rich day!
Sayang the money? Medicine is more expensive. Sweet lemons? No. I just want to exercise my right to be lazy.



No comments: