Monday 14 July 2008

The rain



what's with walking in the rain that make people look at you? why can't i walk in the rain without an umbrella if i want to? why do i have to take a ride when it's raining and i dont have an umbrella? why do i have to run if the rain suddenly fell?


as a child, i was not allowed to walk in the rain. i was told i was gonna get sick if i got wet in the rain. big deal, i believed my elders. and so i grew up with an umbrella in my bag, yet wondering why other children simply didnt mind getting wet. why was i different?

well, i like walking in the rain. i do now. i allow my kids to bath in the rain. and i allow myself to get wet. as long as i am not carrying papers or the rain is not heavy enough like soak me wet to my skin, it's simply glorious to feel the water gently fall on me.

this afternoon, i did just that. and it felt good even if i looked weird to some people who looked and asked, "what the...?" was it the rain? or the feeling of freedom? of being able to do what you were not allowed to do or which i allowed others not to allow me to?

No comments: