Friday 18 July 2008

The Challenge Ahead..

It was our culminating activity in the SDC Tracks 2 & 3. We were asked to construct a piece based on the title: The Challenge Ahead of me. Oh dear, it was everybody's challenge ahead of mine.. Hahaha!! Everybody came to my table and asked that their pieces be checked. And how about mine now? Huhuhu..

Anyway, I was the 7th speaker. And after some self-brainstorming, constructing an outline that was never followed, off I went to deliver my speech. I was under pressure to do well because I rated myself an excellent presenter in the diagnostic activity on POWER PRESENTATIONS. 93%. Oh well, I was the only one. The rest rated themselves 89 below. I can't help it. It's as close to being honest as i can get.

Anyway... my piece went..

If there was going to be a reshuffle of departments right at this moment, would you like to have my job as Planning Officer? (Whhhaaaat an opening statement! I saw the Regional Director make a thumbs up! And I heard a hum of "oooohhhh...")

My wonderful mnemonics:

C -city
H -heritage
A -always prepared
L -last minute
L -losers
E -excellence

N -Negative Thinkers
G -great job
E -Eva.

...tobecontinued... gotta go back... trhe seminar ends later.

No comments: